This post may contain affiliate links. See our policy page for details.
Florence, Italy is considered to be the birthplace of the Renaissance. This historic city is the capital of the Tuscany region and was once one of the wealthiest cities of its time due to it’s trade and finance. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site back in 1982, and is considered to be one of the most artistic and architecturally beautiful cities in the world. This city is home to some of the most beautiful art in all of Italy. It is where you can see the famous works of Michelangelo, including the David statue, as well as many other works from Leonardo da Vinci and other famous Italians.
Take 2 Minutes Out of Your Day and Enjoy this Escape to Florence, Italy!
Popular Things to Do in Florence Italy
- The Uffizi Gallery – Home to a vast amount of artistic work from the Renaissance and beyond. You must have reservations to visit this museum, so be sure to purchase them online in advance.
- The Accademia Gallery – Home to the David statue and many other works from Michelangeo, again reservations are recommended.
- The Pitti Palace – Strolling through the numerous rooms of this palace will make you feel like you have stepped back in time. The opulent furnishings and sparkling accents are truly a sight to behold.
- The Boboli Gardens – Behind the Pitti Palace are the extensive Boboli Gardens. Complete with fountains, sculptures, rolling hills, trees, and manicured gardens, this is a great place to relax on an afternoon and take a nap!
- The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo) – One of the most famous landmarks in Florence. A visit to this beautiful church is not to be missed. For a breathtaking view, you can actually pay to climb up to the top of the Duomo!
- Shopping is big in Florence, specifically, leather goods are what they are known for.
For more information on visiting Florence, click here to visit their tourism website.