Lantau Island Monastery Tour with Ngong Ping Cable Car
Discover a pristine beach, a traditional fishing village, lush valleys, soaring mountains and spiritual enlightenment on Hong Kong’s largest island
Duration: 8 hours
- Take a ferry to reach Hong Kong’s spectacular Lantau Island
- Visit Cheung Sha Beach and local fishing village Tai O
- See the famous Big Buddha on Ngong Ping Plateau
- Explore the Po Lin Monastery and enjoy traditional vegetarian lunch
- Take in the view from the cable car* ride down to Tung Chung
Discover a pristine beach, a traditional fishing village, lush valleys, soaring mountains and spiritual enlightenment on Hong Kong’s largest island.
Board a local ferry through the Harbour to Mui Wo, located at the southern side of Lantau Island. From there, we’ll board a coach to the beautiful Cheung Sha beach. Proceed to the unique Tai O fishing village, where Tanka boat people still live in their stilts houses.
The coach then takes a winding road up the mountain to Ngong Ping Plateau where the Giant Buddha sits majestically close to the Po Lin Monastery. Ample time is allowed for a guided tour of the Po Lin Monastery and Giant Buddha Exhibition Hall. A short walk away is the Wisdom Path where an ancient prayer is inscribed on a series of wooden columns set in a figure of eight to signify infinity.
A vegetarian meal is served in the Monastery, followed by optional visits to the culturally themed Ngong Ping Village. The tour ends with a spectacular ride aboard the Skyrail cable car* offering stunning views going down to Tung Chung.
– Pick-up and drop-off services from selected hotels in downtown area
– Services of an English-speaking guide